Thursday, October 2, 2008

Erie Trip, Part 2 (and one month late)

So yeah, burghbaby's mom gave me a smackdown for leaving everyone hanging. I can't help it that I'm just one lady and people at work seem to forget that (dammit).

But, hey, good news - I'm past the incredibly-tired-all-the-time stage (at least for the next 3 months), so I have more energy to post... but not necessarily more topics. :-)

Any way, let's see... where did I leave off...? Oh yeah.
---------------
So the next day (that Friday), we woke up, got showered and whatnot, and went to lunch. Justin got a chicken parm with spaghetti, and I got a club wrap. I took ONE bite of that club wrap, and all I could taste was bacon, and it was NOT good. I sat there, turned around so I could check to make sure I knew where the bathroom was, and patiently waited and willed myself to not puke. After about 10 minutes, I felt a little better, but was not going to try my wrap again. I managed to eat some of Justin's spaghetti with no more problems. We then got the puppies and headed out to Erie.

Once in Erie, we went to Target and looked at some of the baby stuff. I found a little baby bib that said "I love Grandpa," and got a tiny gift bag to put it in. We then went to my parents house, where my mom made dinner and then I gave dad his presents. First, I gave him his bocce set, then I gave him the tiny bag. He pulled it out, held it up BACKWARDS, and my mom saw it first. She screamed, then exclaimed, "You're pregnant?" then jumped up and gave me a hug. This will be their first grandchild (I'm the oldest of 3 girls), and they couldn't be happier.

My baby sister, Nikki, came over with her boyfriend, and dad mis-heard mom (she said "DON'T tell Nikki"), and she started yelling in the house, "AMBER! Why didn't you tell me!?" Silly girl, I had just found out myself!

Saturday, Justin and I went up to the Arbys' that my other sister, Becky, works at, and she bought us lunch and talked for a bit. She doesn't have a house phone, so that's pretty much the only time I see/talk to her.

The rest of the weekend, we just hung out, went to Presque Isle to watch the sunset, then stopped and ate good ice cream sundaes. We took my mom dinner of subs from a local sub place. I ate half my sub, then it promptly came back up (and dammit, I love those subs!). On Tuesday, the day I was heading back, mom took me to Cleveland to drop me off at the Airport, and we stopped and picked up my friend Kristen to get together for lunch, and give her her birthday present. We went to another sub place, and that one didn't stay down either. So, it appears the baby doesn't like subs. Justin got the other half for his lunch the next day.

The flight was uneventful, although the walkway is sooooooooo long when carrying my carryon bag. I guess if I fly again, I'll have to start checking my bag (good thing I fly Southwest, so it's still free), as it's too heavy for me to carry all over the airport.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how cute with the bib surprise! I'm glad they're happy for you.

Burgh Baby said...

That was a perfect way to spring the surprise.

Thanks for not leaving me hanging too long!