Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I know, I know

I know I haven't posted for a while, and i'm sorry. Work has been a bitch - it's been sooooo busy, and they're hiring like a million people.

I went to the Dr last week and got my initial visit out of the way - basically I just got weighed (hey, I weigh 5lbs less than when I was sick at the beginning of July!), my BP taken, my history given (no allergies, no surgeries, no nothing - just a nice boring medical history), I peed in a cup (the nurse told me I was dehydrated, but I do drink a lot of apple juice [is that bad?]), and then she tried to take vials of blood from me, but I have bad arm veins (I don't give blood any more for partly that reason), and she sent me over to the hospital to get not one, not two, but FIVE vials of blood taken from me. Bah. Good thing it wasn't any more, or else I would have had to stop at Hardees on the way back and eat a giant cheeseburger.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Monday, Oct 6, then my first official visit with the actual doctor on Wed, Oct 8. (I don't think I've ever shaved my legs as often as I will be this next week). After that visit, I will call my boss the next day and finally let him know that I'm leaving at the end of the year. If I don't tell him sooner, then he will find out somehow, since this town is so dang small. I already saw someone at the hospital who is the stepdaughter of a fellow employee there! I just hope she follows HIPAA rules.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I had no idea they do ultrasounds so soon now. I remember being very round when I got mine and my belly didn't pop out til I was about 6-7 months along.

Dave K said...

Yeah, about damn time... You got me using Twetter and reading blogs... I even started blogging.

Are you going to get the ultrasound in Tenn?

I see a hill-billy doctor getting down and yelling at your belly... "Hey, you there! Bay-bee! Ya'll hear me? You done gonna be ok in there?"

Burgh Baby said...

Hrm. In Yinzer land, there was no ultrasound until 18 weeks. I think I like Tennessee's way better.

BTW, I went back a few posts and am now left hanging on the whole how you told the family thing. Just sayin'. I'm here. Hanging.

Thanks for stopping by my place, and congratulations!

Dave K said...

"Yinzer land" lol... I never heard that one.