Saturday, April 5, 2008

I've been working on the railroad...

Well not really, but it's been ka-razee at work lately. They're doing contruction in both the front building plus my server room is being upgraded to actually handle the heat load in that room. Once I added 23 servers from my old office, that poor room started overheating terribly. It overheated so bad that we had to keep the outside door open (which is a terrible security risk). Well, it figures that the planning of the server room upgrade coincided with a major release or upgrade or whatever it is, and I had barely no time to be able to down the servers to move them around. Oh well. At least it's (mostly) done. The rest can wait until after work dies down and I don't have to go into the office at 3am in order to down servers. I can't wait for this coming weekend - we're installing a "new to here" phone system - the same one that was installed about 2 years ago at my old office. Now I get to be in charge of it - just what I do NOT want. Oh well.

No comments: