Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alexander James


Born: Sunday, March 1, 2009 @ 2am
Weight: 7lbs 14oz
Length: 21"
--------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, I woke up around 3am with minor pains. I went to sleep on the couch (Justin was snoring like usual), and woke up around 9 or 10 with more consistent pains. Justin had gone into work for a bit, and I just rested and checked my email - normal stuff. By the time he got home, I was looking for an online contraction timer, and they were erratic, but slowly getting closer together. I took a shower, and Justin made lunch. As I was eating, I was timing my contractions, and they were about 4 mins apart, and just over a minute(ish) long. I eventually got ahold of my mom & asked her to come get the dogs & change the guinea pig cages. We started gathering up what we needed for the hospital, and left about 6:30.

Once there, they checked me & saw that I was already at 5cm! They asked me if I wanted anything for the pain, but really, it wasn't that bad. Around midnight or so, I was nearly dialted the whole way, and the nurse had me lay on my side, which made my contractions feel 10x stronger (and made me throw up my lunch - hopefully I'll be able to eat rotini & meat sauce again). My body did its job though, and soon it was time to push. I won't go into details, but I pushed for an hour and then Alex was born! He ended up coming out with his hand right by his face. (ow).

No comments: