Sunday, July 6, 2008

Visit

Well, this past weekend my husband drove down to visit me. He also brought the puppies to visit! They got in really late Thursday night (okay, Friday morning), and left at 11am today. While the trip was short, it was nice. On Friday we went to Huntsville & did some shopping after having a nice lunch in town. We wandered around SuperTarget (oh how I miss Target), and bought some nice steaks that were set into pinwheels with parmesan cheese & spinach.

I grilled the steaks and made some corn on the cob & baked potatoes. Needless to say, we were stuffed. Unfortunately, by the time we were finished with dinner, it was 8:45 and there was not enough time to get anywhere to watch fireworks. I was a little bit distressed, since the 4th is Justin's favorite holiday, and he positively LIVES for fireworks. He was okay with it though (after trying to give me a guilt trip - sorry honey, guilt trips don't work on me!), and we just watched the Boston POPS fireworks display on tv.

On Saturday, we took the puppies and went canoeing on the Buffalo River. We decided to do the 10 mile trip, which they said it would take around 5 hours to complete. Harvey & Chance each have their own life jackets, so I suited them up while Justin paid & got the equipment we would need. The dogs were definitely the stars of the day, and a lot of people asked us where we got their life jackets from (Petsmart).

Poor little Harvey stood practically the whole time, and for a sleepy beagle, that is a LONG time. About 30 minutes before the end, I turned around and saw this:

That poor boy was so tired from standing so long, that he just gave up and took a nap on one of the life vests.

Here's a picture of Chance in the canoe:

Finally, here's a picture of Justin & Chance:
Justin and I both got a little sunburned, but it was mostly our legs that got the worst. I was wearing both a hat & sunglasses, so I was pretty decently covered. The worst part is that my back hurts from sitting in that canoe for 5 hours, plus I have bruises on the outside of both of my knees where they rested on the sides of the canoe. Sometimes it's painful being tall.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I'm happy he got the chance to visit. =)